Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Under the Sea

My wonderful neighbor and friend Carol recently told me she wanted to redo her girls' room in a hawaiian/surfer theme. Being a California girl myself, I love a good beach theme. It reminds me of sorority socials and for some reason a dessert I've made countless times over the years. Its blue jello in a clear bowl with gummy fish in it. Its simple, delicious and screams beach party to me. These days, I've traded in my silk sorority leis and wedge flip flops for a more grown up beach decor, but I still love incorporating a little whimsy and blue jello into a kids beach party!

the famous jello!! a great thing to have at each place setting
i found these prints that would be great as placemats!
amazing starfish lollipops
i found the most amazing site with handmade creations like these surfer girl boxes and decorated bottles


No comments:

Post a Comment